Hi,
Since this is my first message on REED-L, a brief introduction is in order.
My name is Richard (and/or Rick) Frank, and I have been working on the
REED Patrons database for several months in a volunteer capacity. My own
background is in medieval history not drama, so forgive me if some of the
following message contains deeply ingrained historical biases.

This said, I am happy to report that the records are nearly completed, up to and
including the Shropshire patrons, and visiting scholars (I have been told) are
welcome to come and investigate.

Now that this mass of data is in electronic form,  Elza Tiner and I have decided
to explore the data and hopefully publish the results. We would appreciate some
comments and suggestions on this type of project.

The primary question that I have for the faithful on REED-L is thus: What
questions do you have that would be best answered by an electronic search
and subsequent statistical analysis.

Finally, we think that the data in electronic form is more likely to appeal to
historians rather than English Drama scholars. Are we mistaken?
What journals or audiences do you think would be most receptive to the
material? Enough said.  Answers can be posted on REED-L for lively
discussion or sent directly if one so desires.Thanks for any suggestions.

Rick.