I've come across an entry recording how the Duomo of Florence lent
Giuliano de' Medici 20 fir-wood planks and 10 chasubles for the
performance of a play in the confraternity of St. John the Evangelist.
I'm prepared to believe all this, but I'm a little surprised by the
combination of items: fir-wood planks, supposedly for the stage, and
chasubles, supposedly for the actors. I wonder (1) whether I'm misreading
the entry or (2) whether anyone has any thoughts on this strange
combination of items. Here is the entry, FYI:

"Item quod comodentur usque in petia XX assium abietum et pianatas X
Juliano Laurentii de Medicis pro festo celebrando in societate s. Joannis
evangeliste."

Thank you.

Konrad Eisenbichler