Dear Jim,

No, I do not "have any suggestions as to how Wasson made the one
identification over the other," but I shall ask Professor Wasson when I
go home tonight to cook his dinner.  Lionel, Lord Welles, his first wife,
Lady Cecily Waterton Welles, her Waterton forebears, and the Welles
daughters are buried or commemorated in Methley's Church of St. Oswald,
a few miles east of where you are in Leeds.  On surface it seems unlikely
that the Yorkshire Welles' minstrels were in King's Lynn; the West Riding
records, to the best of my memory at present, did not yield any evidence
that Lionel, Lord Welles had household minstrels but I'll check tonight
to make sure.

All best,

Barbara D. Palmer
Mary Washington College