Dear All:

I have a slightly different spin on this subject.  I would be considered a
"Very Young Onset PD".  In hindsight, my first tremor appeared when i was
22 1/2.  I was diagnosed at 25, and just celebrated my 28th birthday.

I have never smoked, never drank (to the extent that i have never been
drunk, "tossed my cookies", passed out, and woken up the following morning
w/o recalling what happened); even today, i disdain the taste of beer and
hard liquor.  A rough estimate would place my illicet drug use at a total
of about two dozen joints smoked in my life.

Thus, i am left with two options regarding my PD; heridity and/or
environmental.  Since no-one in my family going back five generations on
both sides was known to have PD (granted even 50 years ago diagnosis was
unpredictable), i believe my cause rests in environmental toxins.  I
include the artificial techno-noise (directly related to stress inducement)
of the modern world as a possible cause.

All this writing brings up some interesting questions.  People need not
answer if they wish to maintain their privacy.  You may eMail me privately
if you wish.

1) Q: Who on this list is currently under 40?

2) Q: Under 30?

3) Q: At what age were you diagnosed?

Thanks everyone.  Keep up good spirits!

"Peace from the clouds"                       \--*MH*--/

Birth Name: Jeffrey Romanyshyn          Email: mythhawk@west,net
Spiritual/Animal Moniker: Mythic-Hawk   Occupations: Poet/Ph.D. student:

                                                     Mythological Studies

"The instant you realize you truly love someone, life makes sense"

If you wish, please check out some of my poetry (written under ROM
CARPATHIAN) and other fine literary creations at the M. David Lewis
Enterprises HomePage at: http://www.mdle.com/