You wrote:

>I am trying to find anyone who has information on a form of
Parkinson's
>called Tardive Dyskinesia. It is caused by longterm high dosages of
certain
>medications such as Stelazine.

Tardive dyskinesia is a movement disorder that is related to, but not
the same as PD.  The antipsychotic medications (Thorazine, Compazine,
Mellaril, Stelazine, Haldol, etc.) work exactly in the reverse way as
L-DOPA (they block and/or deplete Dopamine), and some patients on these
drugs develop abnormal movements of the face (lip-smacking, etc.) after
being on these drugs for a time.  The syndrome is usually reversible
with discontinuation of the drugs; but, after a while, it can become
irreversible.  Hope this helps.

Best,

Bob
--

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.   Phone: 510-849-2555
Neurological Surgery              FAX:  510-849-2557

E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
CompuServe:  72303,3442
America Online:  BobFink          "Ex Tristitia Virtus"