Jason

I agree toxins are a reasonable area of research.  I do think that you are
writing off (or at least minimizing) the role of genetics however a little
too quickly. Traits with incomplete penetrance as well as recessive traits
and polygenetic traits are well known in medicine.  With these it is
entirely possible to have no diagnosed disease in a long pedigree..  It is
my guess (speculation) that some genetic relationship will be found probably
related to environmental factors. There is going to be some research started
soon looking for contributing genes and when I know more about it I will let
you all know.

Also,  in addition to toxins such as pesticides there are a whole group of
other environmental factors- infections, in utero factors,  diet,  exercise,
climate,  emotional , stressors, medications, sun exposure, sleep, as well
as aliens stealing our subsatntia nigra because it is the unit of currency
on Rigel.  I do think that toxins are a good bet but all areas must be but
it is only one of many possibilities.   My plea is for critical thinking-
not against intuitive speculation if it is followed up with close
examination.  Keep speculating and thinking-  but don't write off options
prematurely.  I likely will continue to take the role of skeptic here on the
list.  But I really hope you come up with something that is irrefutible. We
do owe that to our children.

Good luck and keep speculating,

Your friendly skeptic,

Charlie