Hi Barbara,

Thanks for the welcome!!

My name is Susan Delahunty, and I work for Apple Computer in Cork, Ireland.

I have subscribed to this list because my father was diagnosed with
Parkinson's a year ago, at the age of 54.  A year on, I am beginning to come
to terms with it.

Before this happened, I knew absolutely nothing about the disease, which made
it all the more difficult for me to understand and accept.  I am trying now
to find out as much as I can about the disease and what effects it will have
on my father in future years.  Already it has had a devastating effect on his
life, and until recently he has seen it as a death sentence.

I hope by subscribing to this list that I can find out more about the
disease, and hear from others who have learnt to live with PD, or with a
family member with PD.

Susan Delahunty