Jason,
If you do a search of past discussion topics on the pd listserv, you'll find
some info that I and others have also previously posted on the subject of
MTPP.   A very good book about the brain, which includes a whole chapter on
MTPP, is "Receptors," by Richard M. Restak, M.D.  He also mentions the fact
that paraquat & diquat, two herbicides/pesticides, are chemically similar to
either MTPP itself or its byproduct, MTP+, and since MTPP via its chemical
 breakdown in the body can cause damage which leads to pd, it is no stretch
to wonder also about these chemicals.  If you can't find any of the earlier
postings let me know and I can try to dredge them up.
Wendy