In article  Phil Tompkins <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>While the unit is used primarily against tumors, the article
>mentions that "neurosurgeons experienced in stereotactic radiosurgery
>are cautiously beginning to extend its use: to quell intractable
>facial pain in patients with trigeminal neuralgia, to relieve
>chronic cancer pain, to obliterate abnormal areas of brain tissue
>that give rise to uncontrollable epileptic seizures and to treat
>psychoneurosis, Parkinson's disease, and other movement disorders."

>Nothing further is mentioned about Parkinson's disease or where
>or by whom surgery for it has been performed.

>Phil

Check out the Proton Beam Therapy at which they say is superior to the gamma
knife:

http://neurosurgery.mgh.harvard.edu/pbm-shpg.htm

John Cottingham                     "KNOWLEDGE is of two kinds: we know
[log in to unmask]                      a subject, or we know where we can
OR                                   find information upon it."
[log in to unmask]            Dr. Samuel Johnson