Like many of us, Don drank (sometimes more than was wise) during his college
years.  After that--no.  Some of our friends, unfortunately, kept up heavy
drinking.  Three became alcoholics.  Not one of them has PD.

Don is not Scotch or Irish.

Don did not grow up on a farm.

Or drink well water.

It's all very well and good (and probably useful) to consider all possible cause
s, but we have to remember that our personal, anecdotal experiences are not any
kind of "evidence."  And that correlation does not necessarily mean causation.

After all, probably 99% of PD patients drank milk in their youth.  Does that
mean that drinking milk causes PD?  (Probably 99% of mass murderers also drank
milk in their youth.  Milk drinking may be our biggest social problem???)

Joanne Sandstrom