Re: Cataract Surgery and PD-- when an ophthalmologist spoke to our group
about eye problems and PD he did not indicate any problems with cataract
surgery. (Tracking when trying to read is a big problem, though.) I would
add that I (not a Parkie) am  thinking about cataract surgery myself, and have
learned that there is a need to be cautious of one has age-related Macular
Degeneration ( retinal disease) in addition to cataracts. The surgery can
in some cases cause problems which exacerbate the macular problem. If your
mother by any chance has macular degeneration, I would suggest asking about
this possible  complication, getting a second opinion, etc.  Good luck!
Camilla Flintermann, Oxford,OH