A voice enhancer which amplifies and can "crispen" the speech has been developed
by a company.  Doug DeVries of Sunnyvale, CA, brought this equipment for my wife
to use.  It was really fun for Lynn to use.  The occasional feedback squeal, but
also I was able to hear and understand Lynn's speech from across the room.

Lynn has a very soft voice and runs her words together.  When she was able to
speak slowly, the equipment worked very well.

I shall follow up with the company name and address.  They have a couple of
information sheets which I do not have here at work.

The Enhancer is about 14x10x2 inches and the weight and size are due to the
large battery packs which hold 18 hour charge.