Barbara,

Thanks for the welcome.

My name is Tim Pearson, and I subscribed to this list
because my father was recently diagnosed with PD.  My
dad, a man who dedicated a significant portion of his life to
vigorous exercise and prided himself on his physical conditioning,
has been devastated by the diminished strength and mobility
associated with this disease.

I am trying to learn as much as I can about PD and to understand
what is to come.  To date, my father has experienced significant
weight loss, problems with balance when walking, fatigue, diminished
volume when speaking and, most recently, incontinence.

This latter assault on his dignity has been the most difficult to
handle.   He has cancelled all plans to travel even short distances
from home.  I sincerely hope you will pardon my profound ignorance on
this matter, but I do need help in identifying the best products
available to deal with this particular problem.  Your comments and
recommendations would be much appreciated.

Tim Pearson ([log in to unmask])