Pat,

Many have difficulty eating in restaurants.  I do not think it is always a
drink that makes things difficult.  I often will have a glass of wine with
the meal.  I think this is good.  Having a hi-ball before the meal on an
empty stomach may be wrong.  Last night I had a Margarita before supper.  I
did have a little dyskinesia during the meal.

There are two more things to consider besides the drink.  The second is
social pressure and anxiety associated with eating out.  We are more
conscious of our body and maybe actually trying to suppress any sign of PD.
 This may cause anxiety and stress which compounds our problems.

The third possibility may seem somewhat weird.  Restaurants are decorated
with known colors that increase our appetite.  It would be unusual to walk
into a restaurant that was painted blue.  That would give a feeling of
well-being and we may not order anything.  The restaurant should be painted
in bright colors like orange, reds and yellows.  This would increase our
appetite.  These same colors could also stimulate dyskinesia.  If you already
have alcohol induced dyskinesia, it shouldn't take much anxiety and self
generated stress to make for flying food, knives, forks, and so on.  Just
don't spill the wine, yours or mine!

Regards,
Alan Bonander ([log in to unmask])