Howdy!

I am a recent "signee" for this info network and am already learning a lot.
I am a PD patient, although a rather impatient patient.  I was diagnosed
about 3 yrs ago, after having symptoms (isn't hindsight wonderful) since
before 1989.  I am presently 61 years old.  PD has some positive aspects, I
find.  It prompted me to take early retirement from my faculty position at
Texas A&M University.  The improvement in quality of life is acutely
appreciated when you realize that it will not "get any better than this".
We now spend enjoyable summers here in Los Alamos, NM - escaping the Texas
heat and humidity.

My family has no history of PD.  Environmental factor may have played a role
in my situation.  I can recall situations over the years in which I have
been exposed to such chemical agents as lead, organophosphate insecticides,
chlordane, etc.  But, haven't we all. I have been an active private pilot
for a number of years, and was able to keep my Medical Certificate.  But,
for several reasons, I have decided to "let go" of this activity at this
point.  I will certainly miss the "sport" aspects of this activity, as well
as it travel advantages.

INFO REQUEST:  Can anyone out there provide me a contact for a PD Support
group in the Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas area?  The father of one of my
co-workers here has PD and would like to participate in a Support Group
activities.  He lives in the Dallas area.

Happy to be "on board"!

Milton McLain