I am also of English/Irish/German (i.e., mostly British) descent.  I don't
know how the incidence rates compare, but I do know that those from other
cultures do also get pd.  Does anyone have data on geographic & nationality
distributions for pd.  I have heard that in the case of certain cancers, the
rate of incidence in Japan is perhaps 80% less.  This may be partly due to
genetic factors, but sometimes when people from other cultures like these
come to western countries and adopt our lifestyles (esp. diet), the rate of
incidence begins creeping up to a level on par with ours.  So the question of
nationality should also be tied to lifestyle, which is somewhat
cultural/geographic in origin.  It is only natural that those from colder
cllimes eat more meat and heavy foods, and those from warmer climes eat more
fresh fruits/vegetables.  My neurologist once, when I posed a similar
question, said that there is a slight north/south gradient (north worse), and
also, more cases of men than women (sexual in nature, or again lifestyle?
 Men eat more meat, and until more recently were the primary wage-earners and
thus probably exposed to more industrial chemicals).  And the list goes on...
 One thing I found interesting is that humans are the only ones to
"naturally" suffer from pd, the ability to use animal models is recent and
the symptoms are caused by exposures to MTPT.  Boy, I bet all those animals
thank those college kids for "discovering" MTPT, since they had never
experienced pd before (couldn't the fact that humans only naturally get it
give clues as to its origin?)  Wendy