Louise,
I wouldn't mind your help at all.  In fact, it would be quite nice!  Dr.
Callender's phone # is 318-233-6022.  He's located in Lafayette - I've been
to Baton Rouge & New Orleans, but I don't know how far away Lafayette is for
you.  His address is:  1101 Hewl-Wallace (spelling???) Rd. South, #106,
Lafayette, LA, 70508.  You probably would want to verify the street name, or
I could.  If ya want first to get more background on his lecture and his
work, if ya send me your home address in a personal e-mail to
"[log in to unmask]", I could send ya the WMAGW newsletter where they describe
his upcoming lecture and his background/credentials, along with a copy of the
lecture itself on tape, which includes a conversation with this young girl
both during & after one of her "pd-spells."  That way you'd be more familiar
with what he talked about and might have better luck convincing him to "chat"
or share his experiences in this electronic format with us.  Perhaps you
could even see the actual video  he had showed of this girl.  Maybe too, with
her permission, copies could be made for those interested (at their own cost,
of course) - especially copies for the national pd groups and those pushing
for/doing research to study and ponder!  Or with the wonder of multimedia and
graphics, a short clip from the video showing before/after and the text of
his lecture could be put on one of the new PD homepages on the WWW for people
to download and play on their own computer.  I don't exactly know how to do
this, but I've gotten copies of other film clips, like Star Trek, off the web
(after someone else put them on) and viewed them on my computer.  I know that
also e-mail messages can also be sent that contains audio recordings, we used
to do it at work.  If your computer has a microphone: speech, music, etc.,
can be recorded and sent as e-mail.   If this MCS phenomena is real, and
especially since opinion is leaning the direction of environmental triggers
with a possible genetic susceptibility, something concrete like this could
benefit research.  I'm assuming that since he showed a video of one of her
spells at his lecture, she has already given permission, at least to some
extent, and may not mind it getting around, especially to those who control
the research and can help us all hopefully.  Just a thought.  Thanks for the
offer of help, and keep me posted!
Wendy