age 48       diagnosed with pd at 39     employed
pallidotomy in sweden january 1995
medication:   sinemet 25/250  3 1/2 times daily

condition prior to surgery:
severe drug induced dyskinesia left side
mild bradyskinsia right side
sporatic dystonia left foot, arm and shoulder
significant on off medication swings

currant condition:
dskinesia very mild left side
bradyskinsia more apparent right side
sporatic dystonia left foot and are (much less severe)
sporatic resting tremor left side  (neew)
mild dyskinesia right side  (new)
the day after surgery I was euphoric.  the fluid movement I had not
experienced in years was back.  I wallowed in a natural high for about a
month.  45 days after surgery and to present, however, i noticed the current
condition symptoms returning and i feel depression set in.

my physical condition is much improved sincd surgery and i would do it again
in a second.  i do not have any reservations about having the left side done
when the time comes.  I'm not sure, however, that mentally I'm not worse off
after feeling so good then slipping back.

Gary D. Crowe
Grandview, WA
INTERNET <[log in to unmask]>