Dear Phil,
      There are very good exercises.  Glenn has had sessions with several
physical therapists.  They had different ideas and all were helpful.  The
problem is they all take a lot of will-power and initiative and that can wear
out too, after awhile.    I appreciate your description of the feeling.  The
slouch will be difficult to overcome on a continuous basis,  because like
everything else in Parkinson's,  you now have to think "stand up straight"
all the time.  It won't be automatic.  Although it is easier when your
dopamine is working.
     I heard the problem explained this way.  All muscles become weaker,  but
since our front muscles are stronger than the ones in back (am I remembering
this right?),  they pull forward like a tight rubber band.
       If you can't get a doctor to prescribe some physical therapy,  (or
some APDA centers have exercise sessions) write to me and I will try to
describe some of the exercises.
Janice Kramar <[log in to unmask]