Sarah,
I have talked to Dr. Iacono at Loma Linda twice about my own case. I
believe he has done more palidotomies than anyone. However there is a
down side to this procedure. 1) there are risks and 2) it is not for
everyone. For example all the literature that I have read indicates that
it is not for  people with atyical parkinsonism, although he felt he could
help me even though mine is atypical. Who is right? I don't know. I feel
quite strongly that it is important to become as well informed as
possible and then make up ones own mind. Someone has said "health is too
important to leave it to the professionals".

I have several articles about pallidotomy and specifically about Iacono
and Loma Linda, one written by him about his work. I don't have a scanner
and this is too long to type it in. If you give your mailing address I would
be  happy to share what I have by snail mail. I can also answer many
questions about it, except the cost.
---Milo

Milo V. Anderson, Ph.D.
Box 417