Dear Celia,
I am a critical care Nurse whose mother has had PD for about 8 years.  Three
years ago I had seen her driving deteriorate to where I felt she was becoming
a danger to others and herself.  I took her car, her keys and her license
away from her.  It was a terible struggle.  She felt very invaded no matter
how gently I tried to restrict her.
In this day and age driving is thought of more as a right instead of a
priviledge.  I hope I have the sense to give it up voluntarily before I
become a danger to other people.
US laws vary from state to state, but if a dangerous driver is reported in
most areas the police will require them to take a driving test.  The trouble
is many people don't want to get involved in reporting incompetent motorists.
In the US we need increased public transportation in smaller communities, so
that PD victims and the elderly are not so dependant on driving themselves.

Janese Tennant RN