Howdy!

Just wanted to check with you all regarding effectiveness of medication for
tremor control.

In the 3 yrs since my PD diagnosis my neurologist has kept me on Eldepryl
and Artane.  About a year ago I had an independent evaluation of my status
by Dr. Jancovik, Baylor Univ. Motion Disorder Center, Houston.  He suggested
that I might substitute Amantadine (sp?) for Artane and gave me a
prescription for Amantadine.  I went off Artane for a few days in order to
establish a non-medicated baseline, then initiated taking the Amantadine.  I
was not pleased with the results.  First, the Amantadine dose schedule
called for 1 or 2 pills per day, which seemed to preclude being able to
"pop" another pill as needed to combat aggravated tremor situations, as I
was able to do with Artane.  Secondly, and this is not a very scientific,
objective comment, the Amantadine seemed to cause me to "feel strange"
mentally - kind of "fuzzy" or intoxicated.

The "bottom line" is that I abandoned Amantadie, and returned to Artane,
where my only complaint is the expected dryness in the mouth.

Any of you had experience with Amantadine?

Thanks for the feedback.

Milton McLain