I'm Marianne Landers and I joined the list because my father has PD.
I am not his Caregiver, my sister is.  This is my attempt to help get
her the information she needs to assist her in her task.  Dad lives
in a different state than I do.  My sister is a Nursing Assistant and
has taken care of Dad fulltime for 4 years now.  Only within the last
year or so have I accepted the fact that Dad has PD and it won't go
away.  My sister doesn't have a computer so I have been looking up
info for her, printing it and mailing it to her.  We have learned a
lot from you list and I know we will learn more.

My Dad has had PD for over 10 years.  He is Irish/German (mostly
Irish) and has been a heavy drinker for most of his life.  He grew up
in New York City and worked as a stagehand.  He also served in WWII.
It is very upsetting to see him just wither away and not be able to
do what he wants to do.  You can see his frustration and hear it in
his voice.

Thank you all for all the info we have gotten so far.

Marianne