Here are some suggestions for eating out that worked for my family up until
the last couple of months of my father's life.  He had PD for 10 years and
died last fall at age 76.

My parents enjoyed eating out and found that attending familiar "favorite"
places at the least busy time was helpful.  The staff got to know them and
would automatically seat them in the easiest places and would accommodate
the order by cutting up portions into small bites etc.  Ordering certain
"finger food" such as sandwiches and pizza also helps.

Also, when with a large group, seat the out-of-town casual people with the
Parkie and put the caregiver and any other fusspots at the far end of the
table so everyone gets a break.

Don't let one bad experience keep you from trying again.