>>Parkinson's & Fetal Tissue Implantation (FTI)
>>"CHICAGO HOPE"   (repeat)
>>Wife of PDer gets pregnant then aborts to
>>donate fetus for husbands FTI therapy

A woman a few years ago carried a fetus that had a missing brain, full term
so that organs could used in another sibling that was in need of some type
of replacement. Loma Linda was in the ethical fire storm then.

>>Misinformation:  (to complain about, undo)
>>1.  Many (6-12) fetal brains needed for 1 FTI

In a "entertainment" type program, the devil is in the details. It simply
isn't palatable for the public to know that it takes hundreds of aborted
fetuses for 10 or so good fetal brains to be found.

GM1 used as a "fertilizer" could promise to make the procedure more efficient.
The reason for the "shotgun" approach is the uncertainty of which ones will
sprout.

One of the most prominent neurosurgeons in Colorado has developed a procedure
for multiple fetal implants, the problem is the shortage of "good fetal
tissue."

The mechanism by which the fetal implants work is still unknown.

Success of the gene therapy inplant research now being done may make fetal
implants, history.

Gene therapy uses genetically altered tissue which when implanted will treat
the cause rather than the symptoms. Medicine and the present surgical
procedures now treat the symptoms for a time while the degeneration
continues.

John Cottingham                     "KNOWLEDGE is of two kinds: we know
[log in to unmask]                      a subject, or we know where we can
OR                                   find information upon it."
[log in to unmask]            Dr. Samuel Johnson