>From: Barbara Patterson
>Subjuct: Message from the Internet
>
>1.  Does anyone know of any sources of handouts/displays etc. about AOL,
>Prodigy, Compuserve, etc. which would explain how-to access the internet
>and include costs, training, etc. ?
>
>2.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what information people who
>are not computer literate might require in order to access our list?

Barbara,

I've sent some of this to you directly, but I got to thinking that others on
the list may have been asked the same questions.

PC Magazine has had several articles that may help you.

PC Magazine, Ziff-Davis Publishing, "Making the Internet Connection", Vol 13 Num
17, October 11, 1994, page 118.  This is the cover story for this issue.  It has
companion articles on the makeup of the Internet, how to get connected, which
software to use and may more topics you can use in your presentation.

PC Magazine, Ziff-Davis Publishing, First Looks Column, "Internet Access - Bing
Three On-Line Services Reach Out to the Internet", Vol 14 Num 12, June 27, 1995,
page 37-38.  A review of the Internet front ends for AOL, CompuServe and
Prodigy.

PC Magazine, Ziff-Davis Publishing, "How to Pick the Purfect PC", Vol 14 Num 13,
July 1995, page 103.  PC Mag's idea of what a new PC should consist of.  They
give multiple configurations, i.e. The Perfect Dream Machine, Entry-Level
System, Full-Featured Laptop, etc.

Hope this helps.

Cal Faircloth