The mail today was truly inspiring....no reason not to contact our political
representatives with such easy instructions. You all have done everything but
sign the letters for us! I am going to make a packet of samples to distribute
to my Young Onset group when we meet next. Who has more to gain from PD
research than us youngsters, who may be looking at living 40 years with this
disability? Out of my Young Onset group of about 10 people only two of us are
still working. Two have gone on disability in the last two months, one a
nurse and the other an engineer...highly trained professionals who are
saddened at the loss of productive careers.

As an aside, does anyone have knowledge that any of the dopamine agonists
currently under study here in the U.S. might already be available in Europe?
I understand that Eldypryl was available for many years abroad before FDA
approved here. I am specifically interested in Ropinerole and Pramapixole,
although grateful to here of any that might be available. Also, does anyone
have an idea how to obtain DHEA? I have used melatonin for a while (I don't
feel any younger yet, but at least my cells are clean!), find it moderately
helpful for sleep, leaving a trace of hangover. My husband, non-PD, uses it
from time to time, but it really wipes him out. It never ceases to amaze me
how he can get through a whole day without taking any pills! Just doesn't
seem right......

Kathie Tollifson ([log in to unmask])