On Wed, 19 Jul 1995, Peter J. Kidd wrote:

> Hello Barbara and everyone else,
>
> Just a quick thought about your topics.
>
> In time (and fairly shortly actually) there will be ready public access to
> all kinds of public information. While a mailing list, such as the Parkinson
> List, cannot be available at public access terminals, archives and World
> Wide Web repositories of information can be easily accessed.

This is very true. Several of the libraries in Baltimore County have
Internet terminals for public use. I, too, have been asked by PD support
groups to give lectures and demonstrations about the Internet. I also
help install computer systems for the handicapped and provide training,
so computers are becoming more and more prevalent.

Of course, as far as getting materials for the presentations, I just do
what all good professors do--make it a student project <g>.

I was diagnosed with PD in 1989 and belong to two support groups in
Baltimore. One is a young on-set group that meets at Johns Hopkins and
the other is a "regular" support group. I'm using my university home page
as a home page for both groups, but I've not been able to do too much
with it yet since I am in the middle of my dissertation research and that
occupies most of my time.

For those who might be interested, I participated in the clinical trial
for Ropinerole and am currently in the phase II trial for Pramipexole.

Drop by my home page anytime.

Bruce

Bruce G. Warr               "Experience is what enables us to recognize
Healthcare Informatics Lab   a mistake the next time we make it."
Information Systems Dept.
University of Maryland Baltimore County

http://umbc.edu/~warr/
(V) (410)455-3206