Dear Ms Barbara Patterson,

Thank you for your kind welcome to the Parkinsn list.

My name is Ronald E. Wilson, M.D.  I am a neurologist in Nashville, Tennessee
interested in Parkinson's Disease and other Movement Disorders.

Here in Nashville there is an active Chapter of the APDA (The Middle
Tennessee Chapter) with a support group sponsored by the Chapter that meets
the second Saturday of each month at Centennial Medical Center,  2400
Patterson Street, Nashville.  Twice weekly free exercise classes for
Parkinson's Disease patients are provided by the Medical center through the
support group.

The APDA and Centennial Medical Center sponsor an Information and Referral
Center of which I am the Medical Director.  The I&R center is really run by
Caryn Crenshaw R.N.  ( 615 342-4635 local; 800 493-2842).  Ms Crenshaw can be
contacted for membership applications, meeting information, and newletter
information.

I have found the support group a great help to me in understanding the needs
and concerns of my patients.Their concerns include:

        Medication Cost.
        How and when can I see a surgeon for a possible pallidotomy.
        Diet - is it important?
        Whats new?
        How can we help each other?

Nashville was the proud host of one of the first APDA Gene Fair "Breaking the
barrier" 5k runs on April 8, 1995.  A runner set a Tennessee state record of
14:03 in this race.  We are looking forward to next years event.

Thank you for "owning" this list.  I am sure that I will find it valuable.

Ronald E. Wilson, M.D