Susan,
My wife has hypoparathyroidism. She has had the problem since childhood
and only properly diagnosed about 10 yrs ago. (she is now 70). She takes
Rocalrol and extra calcium and magnesium. As I understand it such a
person does not lack calcium but they lack the vitamin D3 that allows
them to utlize it. She gets along fine now, better than any time in the
past. She had siezure-like symptoms at the worst spells, with tetany.
She claims better health now than at any time in her life.
---Milo

Milo V. Anderson
Box 417
Angwin, CA 94508