Dear Pam,

I was interested to read that you experience numbness in your hands and feet as
I often have the same problem and have been tested for blood circulation and
diabetes.  The doctor concluded that I have Raynaud's Disease, which is an
exaggerated reaction to the cold.  I'm not sure, but I thought I read somewhere
on the list that PD makes you more sensitive to temperature changes.

Although I do have some of the symptoms of Raynaud's disease such as my toes
going totally white in the cold, not just my feet and hands go numb, but my
calves also do at times.  During the night, my hands often go quite numb and
tingly, which they said was the result of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.  I've had my
left hand operated on for Carpal Tunnel, but it still goes numb.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm paranoid and attributing everything to PD when it
could be other things.

You mentioned that your son lived in Australia.  I'm American, but I've lived
in Australia (Melbourne) for over 23 years.  I'm a teacher-librarian and still
working full-time, though I don't know for much longer.

I've been active in the Victorian PD Assoc. and write the bi-monthly
newsletters.

Glad you're getting a lot out of this list, as I also find it very informative.
Celia Jones