In article  Lisa Carper <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>File this under, 'How Bad Can They Be??'   :)

>Based on readings here and elsewhere, after looking near and far we found an
>purchased 2 1/2 lbs of fava beans hoping to unleash the dopamine contained
>therein. We then found ourselves at a complete loss as to how to fix them
>but JR likes beans (pinto, white, etc) so we figured how bad could they be?
>Well, for those of you who would also like to try fava beans, trust us, we
>need to find or develop recipes!
>If any of you have any recipes for fava beans or if you have ideas on how to
>fix them PLEASE email us asap. Thanks.
>LCarper ([log in to unmask])
>P.S. My mother used to eat them as a little girl (in her Italian family) but
>can't remember how they were fixed.
>--

They can probably be fixed like snow peas, either simmered slightly covered
with water or steamed until tender.

Flavoring for the diet concious can be with salt if it is permited in your
diet or sprinkled on herbs. A slight dab of butter may be sinfully permitted.

The portion to achieve the equivalent effect of 25/250 is slightly less than 1
cup. Adjust the portion accordingly according to what you normally take.

Expect some dyskinesia.

John Cottingham                     "KNOWLEDGE is of two kinds: we know
[log in to unmask]                      a subject, or we know where we can
OR                                   find information upon it."
[log in to unmask]            Dr. Samuel Johnson