In the article* posted here recently by J. Cottingham, which started this
discussion, authors point out that most of the L-dopa in fava beans (vicia
faba) is in the pods, not the beans! All they could say about making the pods
edible was "microwave cooking and homogenization [and] administration
together with carbidopa". Good luck!
*Kempster, P. et al: Nutrition Reviews; 1994:52:51-58
Cheers,
J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403