In the San Francisco area, there is a restaurant serving fava
beans for your scientific sampling.

 Left Bank in Larkspur offers at least three vegetarian options,
served in a lively brasserie setting. The most popular item is a
medley of at least 10 steamed and sauteed summer vegetables (snap
peas, asparagus, fava beans, green beans and whatever else is in
season). Bow-tie pasta is tossed with summer vegetables, basil,
olives and tomatoes. ``Croque Jacques Pepin'' is a delicious sandwich
of roasted eggplant, fresh and sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella
(optional) on a potato bun.

-- Left Bank, 507 Magnolia Street, Larkspur; (415) 927-3331. Prices:
$$. Open for lunch and dinner daily.

Don't forget to ask for a doggie bag!<g>

John Cottingham                     "KNOWLEDGE is of two kinds: we know
[log in to unmask]                      a subject, or we know where we can
OR                                   find information upon it."
[log in to unmask]            Dr. Samuel Johnson