Re the Bean Eating Experiments

I'm not surprised at the reaction to
Broad(fava) beans.  Mature beans  do
have an odd taste but the beans are good when young and tender.   My
husband (English) is very fond of broad beans and  every year we we had
to buy  fresh beans(at great expense) at the farmers market in Toronto..

In England they are used as a vegetable, like lima beans are in
NorthAmerica.
---Often eaten with ham or canadian bacon.  ---Perhaps with  or in stewed
tomato. In Newfoundland they come in tins!

Broad beans grow very well in our garden, thriving in the cool damp
weather.  Like most home grown crops they taste better because you eat
them as soon as they are picked. One short row of beans gives you 2 to 3
pickings in late summer which will yield at most 15 servings. I think
John Cottingham said that a cupful of beans equaled one 250/25 sinemet.
That's an awful lot of work for 15 pills especially if you hate the taste
of the beans.

I can't imagine anyone eating the pods. The inside is filled with a white
furry substance with each bean in cosy solitude. The pod itself is so
tough I think it would ruin the blade of a food processor.

It doesn't seem a very efficient way to get dopamine but in the pursuit
of knowledge I will pick up a tin at the supermarket this week and record
what happens when I eat them.

Anne Rutherford  Newfoundland
<Wearing a warm jacket and watching the bean plants grow
while eating the first strawberry from my patch.
Why don't strawberries have dopamine?>