During the last few weeks, I have been forgetting how to say 'no'.  :)

I phoned the Ottawa-Carleton Parkinson chapter for some information on the
Parkinson tulip in Canada.  (I had phoned the Parkinson Foundation of
Canada in Toronto and Jan Ozechowsky gave me the number.)  In Ottawa, I
spoke to Susan Ziebarth, the Society's Executive Director, who gave me
all the information about the tulip.  Susan also asked me if I would
write a one-page article for the Parkinson paper about the parkinsn list.  I
said 'yes'.

The following week, I was speaking to Jan in Toronto again.  She asked if
I would be interested and available to do a poster presentation at the
30th anniversary conference in October about the parkinsn list.  I said
'yes'.

About an hour later, Barbara Kubilius, from the Hamilton Chapter phoned.
She asked me to speak to that group (30-45 minutes) in October about the
parkinsn list.  I said 'yes'.

Shortly after that, the Dean of the School of Nursing phoned.  She had
read a little write-up in our Hamilton Spectator about the parkinsn
list.  She felt that this list is a 'unique resource' and suggested that
we consider a research project based on this resource.  I said 'yes'.

Now, I'm asking you.

1.  Does anyone know of any sources of handouts/displays etc. about AOL,
Prodigy, Compuserve, etc. which would explain how-to access the internet
and include costs, training, etc. ?

2.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what information people who
are not computer literate might require in order to access our list?

3.  Does anyone have any suggestions about a research project based on
our list....the individual contributors to the list will be anonymous of
course?  I find this project especially difficult since the list members
are probably not representative of people with Parkinson's and have very
different reasons for using the list...some of us have Parkinson's and
are using this list as a 'support group'...some represent support groups
... again, etc.  If one were to look at the people on this list who have
Parkinson's, it might appear that a very large number of university
professors have Parkinson's rather than the fact that university
professors have a wider access to the Internet.

So, there you have it...my week of saying 'yes'.  Any offers of
information or questions to be asked will be gratefully accepted.

Barb