>Parkinson's & Fetal Tissue Implantation (FTI)
>"CHICAGO HOPE"   (repeat)
>Wife of PDer gets pregnant then aborts to
>donate fetus for husbands FTI therapy

>Misinformation:  (to complain about, undo)
>1.  Many (6-12) fetal brains needed for 1 FTI
>2.  Illegal to donate to specific recipient

> Bad PR:   (more to complain about, undo)
>1.  Right-to-lifers believe this is happening
>2.  PD has surgical cure

Hey now, it wasn't all that bad.  As for misinformation #2, it
was clearly stated that this was illegal, but they had a court
order that allowed the exception.  As for bad PR#1 - believe
*what* is happening - FTI's?  Well, aren't they?  PR#2 - I
don't recall them saying it was a cure (maybe I missed it)
 -- they did say it was his "last hope."

At least one *positive* things that came out of it was a better
understanding of the profound effect of PD on a person's life,
including the effect on family & friends.  Also, the struggle
this couple went through to reach the decision they did -- it
really showed the moral & ethical viewpoints of everyone
involved - patient, family, medical staff, etc.

I read that one of the national Parkinson's groups was
involved with the planning of this show.  If this is true, why
was their so much "misinformation" and "bad PR" ??  The
show probably took some liberties with the details, as they
do with *many* of the medical happenings on the show --
they are not always 100% accurate, but then again it's
supposed to be entertainment, not a documentary.  Just an
opinion.

Wendy R.