On my mother's last visit to her neurologist, he diagnosed Parkinson's
Plus and then told her that there was no need for her to come back to him
anymore, as there was nothing else he could do for her.   She has been
seeing him for years, and I've always thought he sounded cold as she
would recount her visits, but this just "takes the cake".  Why would he
say this, unless it's the standard practice to cut loose a patient when
the end is in sight.  Of course, he will continue to provide for her
prescriptions, but she and I believe that it is time to see another
neurologist.  She is barely mobile, can eat little.  Would it be futile
to pursue another neurologist?  She has so little stamina, that I hate to
subject her to all that it would entail.  On the other hand, she feels
abandoned.  What do you think?