I'm new to this list. My father is 77,was diagnosed about 5 years ago with
PD.  My mother,72 is the caregiver. Recently he's been showing signs of
dementia/paranoia, making it even more difficult for her to care for him.
His medication(sinemet) has just been adjusted and hopefully will minimize
this problem.

We are looking for ways to help her handle him when he's like that. His
personality has always been kind, lovable and the opposite of what he acts
like during these episodes. In my reading I've come across different opinions
on whether dementia is in fact a symptom oof PD. Any suggestions from Parkies
and/or caregivers would be welcome.  We love him and want to try to care for
him at home as long as possible.
Betti

Betti S. Adams