In several letters to the list lately I've seen reference to a
gastronomy, or feeding tube.  Could anyone tell me what is involved with
using one?  How is it put in?  Is it permanent, or inserted at each
meal?  How much expertise is needed to feed a patient using one?  Can the
patient eat in any other way once a tube is used?  My mother does more
choking than swallowing, and is losing weight.  It takes her so long to
even eat a little, that she is quickly too tired to finish taking in the
amount she needs.  She tries to eat often,  but we should know about what
may be yet to come.  Thanks.