Hi,

Have just come home from dinner with the man I've recently become
involved with who has PD. He's only affected in the left arm so far and
walks fairly 'hunched' leaning forward. His medication (including
sinemet) seems to have things 'fairly' in control however he has been
working very hard lately and not getting adequate rest, (this, a
combination of long hours and our new relationship). This evening after
dinner he apologized and said he had to go home because he was becoming
'stiff'. He explained that that is a part of the disease. I asked if he
couldn't take some medication to alleviate it and he said he's already
had as much as he could today.

Could someone explain what this 'stiffness' is, what brings it on, and
what can be done about it. It broke my heart to see his discomfort and
embarassement and worried me sick that he would be driving a fair
distance. Not wanting to make it more awkward for hime than it already
seemed to be I didn't want to question him at this time. Can someone
explain exactly what happens when this 'stiffness' set in and what is
the normal duration. Is it perhaps 'symbolic' of the PD progressing.

I would be truly grateful for any and all information and insight
into this as possible.

 With thank,  H. Spence  ([log in to unmask])