I am 62 and have been diagnosed with PD for about 3 years.  In addition
to the usual bradykinesia which makes walking difficult, I tend to
swell, from time to time, at my ankle or over my instep or, as is the
case at present, at the instep and toe.  It usually is only one foot at
a time (thankfully) but it can be quite an impediment to walking.  My
neurologist is not sure that is connected to my PD.

I have had numerous tests and the only suspicious result is the
presence of protein in the urine, a condition I have had in very small
quantities for some time - and remaining stable.  A nephrologist
suggests there may be some kidney problem, but tests indicate quite
adequate kidney function and no adverse change in the last five years.

Obvously, the edema became apparent as my PD progressed.  Anyone having
similar problems?