Don't take this as a "flare", but could you be suggesting that instead of a
tube - we watch our loved one starve to death?  I will admit that the
quality of life in a late stage parkinsonian patient can be poor, but
hearing my dad's reminiscences - and watching him play with my children (
who have been born since the tube was inserted)  would convince me to vote
for the tube.