On Thu, 27 Jul 1995, Cindy Jones wrote:

> J.R. Bruman wrote:
> >The recent exchange of anecdotes etc about various environmental toxins
> >brings up something I have mentioned before: a nationwide, or even
> >worldwide, registry of PD cases. There are scientists trying right now
> >with limited data to correlate environment with incidence. Such a
> >registry is not a task for amateurs. It would be a BIG project facing
> >lots of difficult problems, such as what questions to ask, how to preserve
> >privacy, how to account for incipient or undiagnosed cases, how to exclude
> >cases that are not really PD, and so forth. But if environmental causes
> >are important, as many people suspect, such a registry might reveal the
> >answers we are all looking for. I think if not by some government organiz-
> >ation (save us!) perhaps it could be undertaken by one of the civilian
> >support institutions, if enough people start asking for it. Comment?
> >

> I agree.  So, who do we ask?  And, where do we start?
>

>           /\   /\                              Cindy C. Jones
>           \/   \/                        ABAC Computer Center
>                                       ABAC 31, 2802 Moore Hwy.
>              /\                              Tifton, GA  31794
>                                          PHONE: 912-386-3116
>           \____/                          FAX: 912-386-7339
>
> RULES FOR LIVING:
> 1) Don't sweat the small stuff.
> 2) EVERYTHING is small stuff.

The msg from Rita Weeks on today's List illustrates just one of the
obstacles to a widespread PD registry. I think the best thing for us is
to try to develop interest among professionals. There seems to be a big
conference every year or so, where perhaps they could have a panel
discussion of issues such as advisability, feasibility, responsibility,
and methods. It will be a long road, and all I can suggest for now is
writing to whomever seems appropriate when the opportunity arises.
J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403