Bruce Warr,

This is what I do when using MS Word 6.

1. Set margins to such that the message area is about 5 inches. This step is
actually not needed.
2. Save the message as an MS Dos file without line breaks.  This is a file
with .txt appended to the name.
3. This file can be read by any utility such as AOL File Open, Notepad and
from there use EDIT - SELECT ALL, EDIT COPY, EDIT PASTE.  I don't think AOL
is up on "click and drag".

For those of you on AOL, there are some utilities that can be downloaded that
I think are very useful.
(a) Spell Check:  This will check spelling in the mail area, on Notepad. etc.
 It will automatically add a signature block to your messages if desired.

(b) Notebook: This is a replacement for Notepad.  It has read a file of
555,555 characters.  It has better editing capability and when used with
Spell Check it isn't that bad.  I have it as the default for reading .txt,
.ini and other text files.

(c) Plug In:  This utility lets you assign your own icons for groups.  This
is nice in that you can remove the description because all groups have
different icons.  It also allows subgroups plus a host of other things.

(d) MS Office:  This is a utility that lines up a row of buttons so all you
need to is bring up MS Office and click on a button to execute an
application.

Those four are the work horses.   I have other utilities that tell jokes,
classify famous quotes, compress and uncompress, play with graphics, etc.
 But the above four do the day to day work for me.

Regards,
Alan Bonander