>I am new to this business, and am not sure anyone is going toread it. If
>anyone does, let me know! Thanks
>     I am a almost retired physician, and if I make it until December I will
>be 80 years old. I did obstetrics all my life and now run a family planning
>clinic.
>   I have noted for a few years the changes associated with PD -- they were
>subtle at first but lately have been getting worse.I first began to drag my
>foot when I walked and even though a doctor's handwriing is notoriously bad,
>mine got worse! I find a loss of ambition and more fatigue than I was used to
>in spite of my age.  But the worst thing is urinary incontinence.  I have
>been to four urologists and they all end up be blaming it on Parkinson's  The
>neurolgist agrees but says nothing can be done about it!
>   I will put this in the mail and see what happens--if anybody gets it, I am
>sure there will be many opportunities to discuss symptoms, drugs, past,
>future, and present. If no body gets it I am wasting my time so for now I
>will say good bye .
>    Donald E. Stokes (donstokes@aol;.com

At 58 years  (somewhat younger than you) I have had reasonable success by:
(1) eliminating caffeine from my diet (no coffee, tea or coca cola)
(2) practicing retaining urine in my bladder by delaying passing water till
the last possible moment. (this requires being close to a urinal and often
involves considerable discomfort)
(3) Not urinating as soon as I feel the urge or before I go out.

I think that taking florinef (to correct my postural hyupotension) has also
assisted me  in controlling urinary incontinence. OF course this drastic
solution is not suitable for everyone.

Hope this helps

Andrew Wake
Faculty of Education,