Donna:

        I encourage you to look up Wellbutrin in a PDR (Physician's Desk
Reference) and discuss this concern with your internist.  She may have
picked this particular antidepressant because of its connection to the
dopaminergic activity; though newer than many, Wellbutrin is very different
from the tetracyclics (Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil) in its chemistry & modes of
action.  Effexor is another of the newest antidepressants, with one
additional feature in its modes of action in addition to the three named
above.

Phil Harris  :-)