Joe Bruman,

Living alone with PD is very difficult.  I have many friends with PD who are
single.  I was often requested to start a support group just for singles.  I
have a wife and two sons.  My sons have left home, but my wife does so many
things for me that I would not have time to do myself.  I might add that it
is not unusual for young people diagnosed with PD to find themselves single
because the spouse could not handle PD at this age.  I know of one case where
a mother was declared incapable of caring for her young children due to PD.
 The courts were correct.  I would suspect that singles may be forced on
disability earlier for just the above reasons.

I know two couples who are "living" together - they both have PD.  I do not
know if our social security laws still pay more if they stay single.  My hat
is off to those of you who are single and living with PD.

Regards,
Alan Bonander