Hello;

I am a new member. I have joined the list as my mom (Fina) aged 76 this
year was diagnosed with PD 4 years ago. As they do not have access to the
Net I have been getting information from the PD Web Page for her, my Dad
and my brother to read. They all live in Mexico City.

During the last few days we came accross an old friend of my parents who
recently had a Pallidotomy in St. Louis. He is doing very well and has
returned to a better life after 10 years of severe PD symptoms. He
approached one of my brothers to encourage us to consider it as an option
for my Mom. We were not aware this operation could benefit my mother but
we are now looking at all the info we can get our hands on...and I must
say new hope has come to my family.

Although we have learnt about PD during the last few years its only until
recently that we are truly becoming aware of what my Mom and our family
is going through.Thus although I would like to contribute to this list, I
supect I will be looking more at reading other peoples news and comments
which may give my family and I more info about pallidotomy and how it may
help Fina to regain some quality of life.Any advice will be appreciated.

Best wishes to all,

Javier Alvarez ([log in to unmask])