Geez, Jack, now you've let the bug out of the bag . . .

> I'll bet we can look to Russ Hunt The Computer Whiz for another solution.
> Aren't you working on a computer program, Russ, such that students are
> strapped into a chair and told to edit--whereupon they get an electric
> shock (nothing big, just a "slight correction" rather like the Invisible
> Fence) whenever a student makes an error?  Sure to be a big hit among the
> crowd using handbooks to teach writing.

> Get those bugs worked out, Russ!

The only remaining bug is that when you hook it to Grammatik IV
it tends to electrocute the academically precocious (_way_ too many
passives; overloads the system).

                                        -- Russ
                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_ HOMEPAGE: www.StThomasU
Department of English      )_ __)_|_)__ __)   .ca/faculty/hunt.htm
St. Thomas University        |  )____) |  EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
Fredericton, New Brunswick___|____|____|____/  FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          \                / PHONE: (506) 363-3891